5 Feb 2009

To everyone who does not know the meaning of 'sleep'

I'm glad you've got friends, it's great that you got a guitar for Christmas and your new amp and bass guitar are pretty cool too. Congrats too for finally getting laid. See, I understand you being proud of all those things, but is it really that hard to shut up between 11pm and 8am? Is it? I will admit that this place is a step up from last year's not so sound-proof cardboard walls, but investing in some nice thick walls and proper doors wasn't this architect's strong point either. I suppose he forgot that students were going to live here, and that students do not always possess normal people's common sense and courtesy to perhaps avoid loud activies in the middle of the night. I can't tell where those assorted noises are coming from as they seem to be everywhere at once and me deciding to have a word with the people who are responsible for it in the early hours of the morning probably wouldn't be too pretty, so I'll have to address them here.
If you want to make our ears bleed in time for dinner, go for it. I'll even put up with being woken up at 9 on a Saturday because it's bright and warm and you cannot resist greeting the sun with your rendition of Dancing Queen. But stop being a douche and go to sleep at midnight or at least resort to doing something quiet. I'd suggest just sitting down with your laptop or reading a book, but then last year my neighbour's MSN Messenger alerts kept me up. Either way, just be quiet, it's not my fault you're cooler than me. Really, shut up.

Some people just lack the ability to imagine that the world does not revolve them and that other people couldn't care less about how well they can play the same stupid riff fifty times in a row at 2am.

6 comments:

a traveller said...

I find it somewhat ironic that the two people who are guaranteed to read this are people who stay up way past midnight in their time zones chatting with you. :P

The Seeker said...

You know, I was actually thinking of that while I wrote this, but I'm quite sure you don't usually sing at the top of your lungs while you chat with me. They can go to bed at 6am for all I care, I just want them to be quiet.

R said...

MSN alerts keep you up, tee hee hee :D

The Seeker said...

It wasn't very funny then! But that should give you an idea of how thin the walls were.

Anonymous said...

Fin, I can't help but wonder if the people who are so fond of ABBA are the same people who were so fond of XANADU sometime last year. Anyway, that's my kind of people! : - )

The Seeker said...

No no, I'm living somewhere else now. And I can't even remember the Xanadu people :s