20 Dec 2009

Christmas Meme

I got tagged by the resident traveller


1. Wrapping or gift bags? Wrapping. Whatever I wrap usually ends up looking deformed but wrapping is more fun. Of course the ideal present is wrapped AND in a gift bag.

2. Real or artificial tree? Real. I don’t think we’ve ever had an artificial tree... that would be cheating. Plus it doesn’t smell as nice.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually something like two days before Christmas – I think we used to put it up a lot earlier a few years ago but then all the candy on it was long gone by the time Christmas rolled around and that kinda put an end to putting it up weeks in advance.

4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime after New Year’s... whenever the council goes round collecting the trees off the streets. Mid-January I guess.

5. Do you like eggnog? Not sure if I ever tried it... but I like egg liqueur, if that’s anything like eggnog. I don’t think that’s really a Christmas thing though.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A couple of days ago I realised that I don’t remember any Christmases at all, except for the most recent one. I’ve no idea what I got as gifts as a child... the only present I ever remember receiving was my Nintendo 64 which I loved very much, but I got that in the middle of summer for no particular reason.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope. The closest we come to that is this wooden musical box... if you press a button, it plays some Christmas song or other and the three Magi and a shepherd and his sheep move around Joseph, Mary and Jesus.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Two pens from my paternal grandparents last year. I sure felt the love.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither, really... You probably wouldn’t even get a ‘Merry Christmas’ from me if you met me in the street.

10. Favorite Christmas movie? I don’t have one. The only one I can think of is A Christmas Carol, which I don’t like very much.

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Hmm... how about next week? I don’t even know what to get yet. It usually ends up being the same thing for everyone every year. On top of that, half my family’s birthdays are around Christmas so that means having to buy even MORE gifts.

12. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? The only special thing we eat around Christmas are cookies... although I haven’t seen any so far. I like Yule logs too.

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear. Clear lights everywhere, not just on the tree... I’m not much of a fan of these epilepsy-inducing lights you see in most windows.

14. Favorite Christmas song? Hmm... Paul McCartney’s Wonderful Christmas Time. It’s really not a special song but it puts me in a Christmas mood like no other.

2 comments:

a traveller said...

I am so awesome :)

You don't remember any gifts?!?

The Seeker said...

No :s